This vehicle will be offered for sale at the Mecum auction in Indianapolis, IN, lot number F165.1 (Vehicle is no longer offered for sale by Hendrick Performance.) This striking silver Z/28 is documented with 3 original build sheets. It is still equipped with its numbers matching M22 "Rock Crusher" 4-speed manual transmission, of which only 1,290 were produced. This superb car has undergone a spectacular restoration in its original color of code 13 Nevada Silver; previously the car was an unrestored "survivor", with great sheet metal. Pictures showing the cars condition before the restoration will be included with the car.
Non-numbers Matching Period Correct 350/330HP V8
Engine Block Number:
Engine Casting Date:
Trim Tag Info:
Build date 04C (3rd
Week of April, 1971 in Los Angeles, CA) Paint Code 13 13 (Nevada Silver) Trim Code 785 (Black Custom Cloth)
64,089 Actual miles (miles marked actual on title)
Items Included with the Car:
Build Sheets, Owner's Manual, Original CA License Plate, Scrap Book, (documentation is viewable in the photo gallery)
Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Tachometer, Rally Wheels, Clock (non-operational), AM Radio (non-operational), (All equipment and features of this car were in working order at the time of listing, unless noted above)
(1) * (see condition code chart for explanation of category codes 1-5)
This vehicle is being sold AS-IS
About Hendrick Performance:
Hendrick Performance is the vision of 10-time Champion NASCAR Team owner, Rick Hendrick. As part of the Hendrick Organization, currently with over 100 franchises, you can purchase our cars with confidence knowing we have thoroughly inspected each car and have put the Hendrick name on it. Hendrick Performance is staffed by long-time employees of Hendrick Motorsports and is comprised of a team of professional mechanics, fabricators, painters, and restoration specialists who have an average of 35 years of experience, each in their respective fields. We offer our customers a world-class buying experience by taking care of all the details: starting with a car that is turn-key ready, assisting with the setup of transportation for your new vehicle, and including a tour of Mr. Hendrick's private museum, which encompasses more than 130 of the world's finest classic and high-performance cars. Whether you are looking to purchase your first classic car, or add the pinnacle piece to your existing collection, Hendrick Performance can assist you with every facet of attaining your dream car.
The Term "Numbers Matching"
used in our descriptions refers to an engine that has an: engine block casting number and date, engine assembly date and suffix code, and engine VIN/serial number that are present in a manner that is consistent with build sequence of the described vehicle.
Conditions of Sale:
All vehicles presented on this site are represented as accurately as possible and to the best of our knowledge at the time of listing. Content is based on inspection, research, or information provided from previous owners. We make every effort possible to ensure all of the equipment on our cars is in working order, unless noted as non-operational in the listing above. It is the customer's sole responsibility to verify the accuracy of any claims to originality, history, equipment, or other information provided. Hendrick Performance, Hendrick Motorsports and eBizAutos are not responsible for misprints in content or pricing. All vehicles are sold AS IS unless otherwise noted. Hendrick Performance reserves the right to change pricing without notice or end the listing at any time. Hendrick Performance charges a $249 processing fee for all retail transactions. Pricing does not include any state tax, tag, title, or registration fees.
*Condition Code Chart:
- Excellent: Show car, freshly restored to like-new or better condition, also could be a very low-mileage excellent condition survivor or late-model vehicle
- Great: Older frame-off or very nice frame-on restoration, could be a low-mileage great condition survivor or late-model vehicle, the nicest condition car most people would feel comfortable driving to shows or for special occasions
- Good: Driver quality, at first glance a car that appears to be in great condition, a closer inspection will reveal minor flaws in the paint and interior, the undercarriage and engine bay normally looks unrestored. These cars are mechanically sound, fully functional, and are normally enjoyed on the weekends and for special occasions in good weather.
- Fair: A car that starts up and runs but is in need some mechanical and cosmetic work in order to be enjoyed on a regular basis
- Poor: Restoration project, a car that needs to be totally restored